Something In The Air !!!

Oh its ok, its just an airshow...

Well... My apologies for not emailing last week!!!! We went to a farm with a member to visit her horse and we managed to get a puncture on the way and ended up stranded there for a good couple of hours!

Pday should end at 6pm but we didn't get home until 7.15pm :/ not cool!

On Saturday President Millar called to speak with me about my email from that week. He also said "well, moves are coming up and you'll find out on Monday that you, Sister Smart will be moving to Bracknell with Sister Hickman and Sister Anderson who is currently there will be moving to Eastbourne". I wasn't at all surprised to be honest... My two transfer stay really is a pattern. As of Wednesday I will be on my 4th Zone, 5th Area, and 6th Companion... Apparently it's because I'm a "go in and get it done" Missionary but I think it's just because Heavenly Father knows me. Keeping it fresh is good for me! Bracknell is just west of London and is apparently in the "Stockbrokers Belt"... Rich people who commute to London for work. Very different from Eastbourne!!

Yesterday was a really nice day... Everyone in Eastbourne was sad to see me go and they gave me a really nice send off. I love it here and I will miss it but it's my time to move on. President and Sister Millar came to our ward unexpected so it was really nice to have them there. The London Temple President and Matron spoke and they were awesome!!!! We had dinner with the Rollinsons as a fairwell and it was lovely... I love them.

On Friday we held a Cottage Evening at a members home that Harold (one of our investigators) attended. It was awesome and he really enjoyed it. We watched a short film called "Only a Stonecutter"... I have seen it before but I had never realised how amazing it is. Probably because I am in a different place spiritually than I was then. The story is about John Rowe Moyle, a Stonecutter. It starts with his son speaking who says "This world consists of two sorts of people, those who are acted upon and those who act." and that really made me think. I like to think that I am someone who acts but am I really?

3 Nephi 27:21 says "Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;".

We all know what we should be doing but are we doing it? If you don't know what you're suppose to be doing then you should figure it out!

This is a link to the "Only a Stonecutter" video: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-07-140-only-a-stonecutter?lang=eng

Dan is awesome!!! He is so prepared to hear the Gospel... He will be Baptised on Saturday September 20th. I am sad to be leaving him but I know he is in good hands here!

Jackie is a less active member that we have been working with for a long time. She suffers from BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and she has been struggling recently so we went to visit her in hospital today. I am really sad to be leaving her as she is amazing and I have become really close to her. She loves having Sisters here so I'm just glad that the area is staying open... We were afraid that it would be closed as so many Sisters are going home so they need to close (I think) 6 Sisters area's.

A couple of weeks back we had Airbourne (Airshow) here in Eastbourne and it was awesome! We got to see bits of it as our flat is so close... I will make sure that I come back to visit Eastbourne next year when it's on again and see it for real. I have so many photos to send but I have ran out of time so I will have to send a load next week!

I am excited for this next transfer... I am ready to work my backside off trying to be the best I can be.

Here's to hard work!!!!!!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment