Good Night - Sleep Tight !!!

Dont Let The Bed Bugs Bite...


Hello hello!!

It feels like 5 minutes ago that I was writing my email last week! Time is flying by!!! :/

So... About two weeks ago I was bitten by something. Didn't know what at the time but they were driving me crazy as they itched so much. So much so that they kept me awake some nights. After about a week they started to look angry, I felt quite unwell then they progressed into quite a nasty infection. I went to the GP and she informed me that they looked like tick bites that had become infected and I probably felt unwell because I had probably had Limes disease... Sounds really bad but it's not too bad if it's treated. She gave me two weeks of anti-biotics and they seem to be doing the job! They didn't kick in straight away so the following day they were a lot worst than the photos I've sent but now they're much better and I feel pretty good too. Nasty little ticks!! I'm just glad they didn't embed them selves!!!!

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon!!! Yes, I know I've been out for a year but anyone that knows me well will understand why it has taken me so long! I have now restarted reading it as well as the New Testament. Wish me luck!!! :)

Last P'Day we planned to go to Oxford for a Sisters P'Day... Our Train from Bracknell was delayed by more than an hour so we ditched that and spent the day being productive... It was probably a good thing as today we are heading to Reading for a Zone P'Day so today won't be very productive. About 4 missionaries from the zone are going home this transfer so it's kind of a farewell for them. We are going to the Reading Chapel to play games so it should be a fun day!!

We have been doing a method of finding/street contacting! We have been using Mormon.org cards... We fan them out (all different colours) like a deck of cards and say "pick a card, any card!". It works quite well as an icebreaker and often makes people smile. I think they think I'm a nut job!!! :)

This week we went to the Sarawanga family for dinner... We had rice balls and Peanut soup. It was amazing. African food is so nice... Eating soup with the hands is interesting! :)

We had a conventional dinner last night with the Morris family! They are from Stoke... It's so nice to be with Northerners... They get my humor.

As you know... Yesterday was remembrance Sunday. We had a lovely service. We had a two minute silence, awesome speakers on sacrifice and consecration then sang "I Vow To Thee My Country". We are so blessed to live in a country where we have the freedom to worship how we wish... "We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." The 11th Article of Faith.

We met a lady this morning on the way to the library... She will be turning 80 very soon. She was amazing!! We were talking about people of her age and one of the things she said was "Life is for living! Once you put yourself in a corner, feeling sorry for yourself then its all over. LIVE!!"

Awesome advice!!

I hope that you all have a lovely week!

I love you!

~ Sister Smart

#sharegoodness

So I stupidly opened a newly painted door the other day... Not cool!

Scary, I know!!! Sister Schmidt and I on Halloween... Haha, jokes! Facemasks!

Rice ball and peanut soup! I will make it when I get home. African food is amazing!

Sister Schmidt on an average day! Haha!!

I cut Sister Schmidt's hair... Before!

And After!

Masey being Sister Smart.

Sister Smart being Masey.

Tick bite number 1.

Tick bite number 2.

Masey had lots of fun with my camera last night!! 72 photos later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment