First Real Transfer - Part One !!!

This week saw the announcement first real transfer, its not happened yet, look out for next weeks exiting finale to this two part epoisode!!!
Well.... This week has been crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you know, Sister Brown has moved! We expected it so it wasn't a shock... It was sad for her to leave but exciting to have a new companion.
We went to Transfers on Wednesday and I found my new companion, Sister Bastian. She is from Mapleton, Utah... When she introduced herself she said "I'm your typical Utah Mormon!". Which she is but she's great!!! I love her. We are very much the same... We think the same and like things to be done the same way. The only difference is she's skinny and prettier! :) We're even the same height!! She has been out for 9 month so she is very experienced. She is the Sister Training Leader for our zone, so we will be going on lots of exchanges. I am very excited to learn from her!!!
On Thursday we got a phone call from President Millar.... He told us that we will be "pink washing" (his words!) to Salisbury on Tuesday which is tomorrow! Basically Salisbury have got two sets of Elders and there are a lot of Sisters in the branch that want to work with the missionaries but can't as they're all Elders. The branch started to pray for Sister's on Sunday last week and on Thursday there prayers were answered. We are simply trading with one set of the Elders. I know one of the them that is moving into Yeovil as we're in the same district... Elder Willers! He is amazing and will be great for Yeovil. I don't know his companion as he only transferred in on Wednesday but will get to know him soon I guess.
Poor Sister Bastian had just unpacked on the Wednesday so I don't think she is looking forward to packing again. I'm not either!!! I don't know how I'm going to get everything back into my bags! We will be at it this afternoon so wish us the best of luck! We're swapping tomorrow afternoon/evening with help from our amazing Zone Leaders.
As Sister Bastian is the Sister Training Leader and she had a meeting in Staines on Friday so I went on exchange with a Sister Stewart in Portsmouth as her comp is also a Sister Training Leader. It was a very interesting day! Portsmouth is quite some distance from Yeovil so Elder Fingerle and Elder Christensen (Zone Leaders) picked us up on Thursday at 9.30pm after our last teach... It was a good journey with good conversation but we didn't get there until 11.30pm :|!!!!!!! It's been a while since I went to bed that late... 3 months actually! We're both still recovering! Two hours there and two hours back... It was kinda weird being with Elders for so long!!
So Salisbury is going to be on fire when we get there as we're determined to make it a ward... It's currently a Branch!
Our first day I felt like the worst Missionary in the world as I compared myself to Sister Bastian who has been out 6 months longer than me. I've tried to snap myself out of it... I've managed to turn it into a positive I think by recognising how I cam improve and learn from her.
Overall I am very excited about the move but I will miss Yeovil! The members have been great to us here! Saying goodbye to Jamie on Sunday was weird... I had so much to say to him about the Gospel... It's all good though as the Ward are taking good care of him, plus next May I'll be his full time friend! :) Sam is amazing and will be Baptised on March 2nd. I know that the Elders will take good care of him! And hopefully Sister Bastian and I will be able to come back to his Baptism. And then we can be friends after his mission as he will be going around this time next year... He told me that yesterday and I'm super excited for him!!!!!
So much has happened in the last week and it feel like forever since I emailed last!!! Busy busy crazy week!!!!! I think I've told you everything important!
Thank you to everyone that send something for my birthday... It's nice to be remembered!
The gospel is true!!!! Work your socks off at being the person Heavenly Father expects you to be and you'll see the blessing flood into your lives!
Love, Sister Smart










Sister Bastian and I!
The Ralph Family and I. Ed is the Ward Mission Leader here in Yeovil! Love this Family!... Last Sunday in Yeovil!!
Last Sunday in Yeovil... Left to right: Me, Sam, Sister Bastian, Jamie, Sister Barker and Elder Barker.
The Barkers and I... They go home very soon and one of our last visits with them.
Ellie Hazell and I... Love her and her family!!!
Me, Sophie (Ellie's best friend), Ellie and Ange (Hazell)! Going to miss them!
Don't know if you can really see but I've got a dodgy finger! Not cool!!
Sister Brown trying to pack... She got there in the end!!







No comments:

Post a Comment