Another Baptism !!!

Virdi gets Wet...

Well... This week was transfers and I had to say goodbye to one of my besties! Seriously I am so sad to see Sister Hickman go. I miss her so much!!!!! Sister Schmidt is very different from Sister Hickman and is very very different from me. Her brother in law served in the Manchester mission... Elder Skibbe, said Skibba. I recognise the name! Did he serve in our ward?

Virdi was baptised on Tuesday!!!!!!! I am so happy for him! He really is amazing!! The service was flawless including a musical item by the Bracknell Ward Missionaries. Heavenly Father helped us out... We only had one practice together and we all sang different parts. It was cool. It was such a pleasure being there and witnessing him take the steps closer to Heavenly Father.

On Wednesday we were picked up by Elder Popa and Elder Caruso and drove to Staines for transfers... Elder Salas was there!!!!!! I was greeted with a rub on the head while he said "Argh, I wish I could hug you"... Haha! Only Elder Salas can get away with that! I love that guy! He is my Chilean brother!!! Elder Robinson was there too... My Salisbury brother! He just got transfered out of Paignton (Torquay). Argh, I miss serving around so many of these Missionaries! 5 of my 7 companions were there so we had a photo minus Sister Schmidt as I kinda forgot about her :/ It didn't feel real that she was my companion at that point. It was really cool!!

Elder Christensen is now my new best friend!! The kid is crazy but I love him!

Yesterday Virdi was Confirmed!!! It was awesome... He busted up to church in a shirt and tie! I am so happy for him... He is such an example to me! This week I received a note from Mum in the post that included a quote from President Gordon B Hinckley... "If you will live the Gospel, nearly everything else will eventually take care of itself.". This is Virdi!!! I love the quote and I am learning a lot from him.

We had some changes in the Ward... Our Ward Mission Leader was released and Brother Murray Hamilton was called and Sister Hamilton was called as a Ward Missionary. They are the Hamilton's who drove us to Windsor and we went to Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) with them. And we always have family home evening with them every Monday... They are amazing and I am so excited to work with them!

I was watching the Mormon Message "The Hope of Gods Light" and one thing that he says really stood out... "spiritual light rarely comes to those who merely sit in darkness, waiting for someone to flip a switch. It takes an act of faith to open our eyes to the light of Christ.". How true is that?! Faith = Acting!!! "And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them. And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation. Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraven upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord forbade it, saying: I will try the faith of my people." 3 Nephi 26:9-11. Have faith, act and greater things will be manifest to you!

Oh my days!!!!!!!!!!!! This week I cam e across this on LDS.org... Meet The Mormons!!! Not the same Meet The Mormons that was on the TV... This is a different one. It came out in cinemas across America on Friday... Here's a link to the adds! So excited to watch it! Watch it of you can... It might take a while to get over here though I would think. Maybe when it's on DVD.
http://meetthemormons.com/post/99499699729/meet-the-mormons-theatrical-trailer

I hope you all have a great week!

I will be praying for you!!

Love Sister Smart

Elder Christensen the night of Virdi's baptism... He was saying "See what I do for you Sisters!!" :) He pulled his trousers up to get a floating spider out of the font!!


Virdi's Baptism!!!!!!


Sister Hickman, Me, Virdi, Matt, Elder Popa (Elder Popa found Virdi)


Silly faces!!


Traveling to Staines!!! :/ If this is illegal don't pt it on the blog! :)


Elder Robinson and I


Me and some of my comps!


ELDER SALAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment