A Miracle !!!

An Amazing One At That...

Good morning!!!!!

Let me start off by telling you about an amazing miracle!!!! HAROLD!!!! I taught Harold when I was in Eastbourne... As did everyone else! He has been investigating the church for over 17 years on and off. He never showed any desire to change his life style to fit Heavenly Fathers commandments. He once said to me "Sister Smart, I know how you see it... It's like a sick person refusing the medication.". He knew my frustration! :) About 6 weeks after he said that we helped him give up Tea and Coffee. Then!!!!! About 6 weeks after I left he was baptised! AMAZING!! Just taking that first step allowed him to see how much strength he had and the blessings he was entitle to... "spiritual light rarely come to those who merely sit in darkness, waiting for someone to flip a switch. It takes an act of faith to open our eyes to the Light of Christ.". Harold took an act of faith and it lead him to be baptised! His story was even mentioned in Zone Conference!!

Elder Botcha... Elder Botch is from the London Mission and was our Hindi interpreter when we were teaching Vinayak! When Vinayak was heading back to India he gave us some treats his wife had made. We sent some to Elder Botcha along with some photographs and thank you notes. Elder Botcha emailed us after he received the package and said... "There is one cool thing I wanted to share with you actually it's a miracle . This is one of the revelation Heavenly Father has blessed me with. So, all the time I was teaching Vinayak with you , every time I translated over the phone I used to close my eyes in order to focus and listen to what he was saying and also imagine that he is sitting in front of me. I had an imaginary Vinayak image in my head. When you sent me his picture to my surprise it's the same picture I had in my head while I was teaching him just without glasses. It was a big surprise for me. I never saw him I never knew what he looked like but the Lord gave me a hint for teaching him. This one thing testifies to me that this is the Lord's work ! I'm so grateful for being a Missionary . Thank you Sisters for being a part of this miracle in my life. I will never forget this time on my mission. It has been a wonderful time.". How amazing is that?!?!?! Heavenly Father is so amazing!

This week I had a dream... The event was a mix of the Ashton Chapel 50th anniversary and a transfer day here in the ELSM. I was transferred the the ASHTON 1ST WARD!! :O It was so weird having both worlds in one. I don't normally dream about home so it was so weird. I think I know why though... Mum and Dad sent me one of the booklets from the anniversary weekend and I was looking through it just before I went to bed. Anyway... In the dream of course I saw Mum and Dad and I just cried and cried! :/ thinking "how on earth am I going to do this?! Be a full time missionary at home!?". Weird weird weird!

We have a friend named Rodel who plays rugby... He used to play for Bracknell before they were relegated but now he plays for a team in Oxford. We had the opportunity to attend a match with him and his family this past week. Bracknell won and Sister Schmidt was so excited to see her first Rugby match. It was pretty fun, I must admit!! I am excited to go to one of the Six Nations matches next year with Mum!!

As you all know... The clocks went back this past weekend. It was nice having the extra hour but my body still woke me up! I was awake for 05:15am as my body thought it was 06:15am. Fortunately I was able to fall back to sleep! The poor Elders forgot!!!! They realised in the morning. They called and asked if it was 07:00am of 8:00am... It was 07:00am! They got an extra hour of study!!!

This coming Friday is my year mark... People keep reminding me! It's so weird... It does not feel like one year at all! We are going for dinner at the Richardson's that evening and I am one very happy Sister Smart as I love that family!!

Today I am going to have my hair cut... Nothing too crazy! At least I just plan for a trim but who knows what will take my fancy! :)

One scripture has repeatedly been coming up in my study this week! "And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not, there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away." -2 Nephi 2:13. I'm not sure why is keeps coming up or for who but I thought I'd share it with you! Maybe I'll find out soon why and who it is for! Maybe it's for me! I'll let you know if I figure it out! :)

I hope that you all have a lovely week! Always remember who you are and be grateful! Remember "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." -D&C 122:7

I love you!

Love, Sister Smart

#sharegoodness

The flowers from the Hamilton's!

Elder Christensen in Primark last Pday!

District Pday!

Sister Schmidt being spoiled by the Hamilton's! They're so good to us!!!

At Edd's American Diner for Sister Schmidt's Birthday!

Our server was Jesus!!!!!

Sister Schmidt at her first Rugby match!!!! She loved it!

Go Bracknell, GO!!!!! Haha! The Lineups were Sister Schmidt's favorite bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment