Another Case Of The Incredible Shrinking World !!!

Jordan Forbes

Good morning!!!

This week has been a great week... Sister Schmidt and I are working well together. Despite our differences... This AM I was studying Jorg Klebinget's talk from GC. One point he made was about trials and I really liked it! "Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience. Remember that you are here to be proved and tested, “to see if[you] will do all things whatsoever the Lord [your] God shall command[you]” (Abraham 3:25)—and may I just add, “under all circumstances.”Millions of your brothers and sisters have been or are being thus tested,so why would you be exempt?
Some trials come through your own disobedience or negligence. Other trials come because of the negligence of others or simply because this is a fallen world. When these trials come,the adversary’s minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say, “I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn’t it?”
Then partner with Him to endure well to the end. Spiritual confidence increases when you accept that “often trials and tribulations are allowed to come into [your life] because of what [you] are doing right” (Glenn L.Pace, “Crying with the Saints” [Brigham Young University devotional,Dec. 13, 1987], 2; speeches.byu.edu)."

On Monday we went to FHE with the Hamilton's, Virdi and Lynne as always then to visit Sharon. The Hamilton's always drive us to Sharon's, go to M&S while we teach then take us home... They really are amazing!! When we got to the car they gave us a bag of shopping and a bunch of flowers that are sat nicely on our study desk!! I love them so much! Mondays are amazing!! We are so spoiled!!!

We had a teaching appointment with a member named Jackie this week. She has these dolls that are like real babies... She makes baby cloths for them!! I held/bounced one of them the entire time we watched "Only a Stonecutter" with her. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! It's the closest I could get to the real thing. Do you think this is included in the “appearance of evil" Missionary Handbook, page 29? Going as far as I can before breaking a rule :/ haha! I don't think President Millar or Heavenly Father would mind!

Zone Conference was on Friday this week!! Sister Bastian was there :) Oh man, I love that girl! She heads home November 19th (That's the next transfer day BTW) so it was probably the last time to see her pretty face... Until I head over to the USA anyway! It was a really good conference... I learned a lot! Also... I was sat eating my lunch when I looked up and saw one of the Forbes twins!!!!! CRAZY! Turns out it was Jordan :). They both lives in London now so maybe I'll serve in one of their wards. Jordan is now dating a Sister that served here from Finland... She trained Sister Bastian and Sister Stuart. Small world!!!!! It was good seeing him but again weird like it was with Martin Cook!

On Friday we went to Matt and Bath Barker's for dinner with Virdi then we watched "Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration" as part of his new member lessons. I love them so much. It was such a nice evening... Again, we are spoiled!

Virdi is doing really well... That man has so much faith!!! He is such an example to me! He was sustained as a Priest this Sunday :) He wasn't ordained though as Bishop was away but he will be this coming Sunday. Did I already tell you that he has completed The Book of Mormon twice?!?! What a champ!!!!!!

We had a dinner appointment with the Richardson family this past week. Sister Richardson's Mum and Dad have recently returned from a YSA mission in France so they speak French. We did a spiritual thought that includes popcorn so we sang "Popcorn Popping" with the kids... I have never felt so much joy :) Sister Schmidt sang in German, we sang in English and the Keirn's sang in French.

Yesterday we had a dinner appointment with the Balla family... We did he same spiritual thought as they have little kids. Jordan Balla served his mission in Iceland and Itzella is half Peruvian so we sang in, English, Spanish, German and Icelandic... How cool is that?!?!?!?! Oh and Itzella and Jordan are good friends with Andrew and Robyn Mayor! Small world... AGAIN!

Today is Sister Schmidt's birthday... This morning we had French toast with fruit salad and creme fraiche for breakfast :) We are heading to Reading later today with the Elders and the Zone Leaders to have milkshakes at an American diner :)

Well... As always I hope that you all have a great week!!

Never forget who you are!!!!

I love you!

Sister Smart

Sister Bastian and I!!!!

Jordan Forbes and I!!

Sister Schmidt and I this am waiting for our bus... The fruit was part of her birthday gift from her Aunt who lives in Singapore! She doesn't like Mango so she gave it to me. I miss Singapore sometimes!!

This is the sandwich that Sister Schmidt made for me last night!! :)

At The Barkers on Friday with virdi... Eating desert!! Ahhhh... Mission life ;)

Salisbury team!! Sister Bastian, Elder Robinson and me!

Sister Bastian!!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is me and William... The doll!!! Haha!

And this is baby Olivia!!!! Also a doll!!! :)

This is the book of people's thought/testimonies/comments that we made for Virdi from his baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment