Doh !!!

Those Pesky Keys Are inside & We're On The Outside...

Well... Today is a new day, a new week, a new month, a new transfer and a new year! New beginnings!

We have had an adventurous week... On NYE we had a full day. We left the flat at 11 am after 12 week study and we didn't plan to return until 9pm. As the McCoy's dropped us off I said to Sister Hopgood "Do you have the keys?", she said "No, it's your key day". My heart sank!!!!!!!!! I had left the flat that morning without picking the keys up!!! Not too bad though as the McCoy's have a spare set of keys to our flat. We turned around and 40 minutes later arrived with the spare set to find out that they don't fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the spare set for the old Chichester flat!!! :(I cried with anger/frustration at myself).
I do not like being out of control and leaving the keys behind shows that I'm not in control. Arrrggghhhhh!!! Sister McCoy keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself, but I'm not so sure. Anyway... At this point it is 22:15! I called President Millar to apologise and to tell him that we would be staying at the McCoys for the night until we could get a locksmith. President actually laughed at me for crying because it was a mistake. He said "well, at least now I know what lengths you will go to to have a sleep over!". Haha!! After all the faffing we got to bed at 12:10am. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

You'd think all would be well but no... A locksmith charged £85 on a bank holiday!! We contacted the emergency number for the letting agent to find out we can get the spare keys but not until the following day (A non bank holiday)!! Oh and Elder McCoys was up all night throwing up... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
We made the decision to stay at the McCoy's another night and wait for the letting agent to be open. As Elder McCoy was sick President Millar gave me permission to drive their car so that was pretty cool! I got to drive a car for two days but I also spent two days without make up! :/ Not cool!!!!
On Friday when we went to get the keys from the letting agent we found that they had attempted to deliver my Christmas package on NYE and they would attempt to deliver it again that day (Friday). Elder McCoy was still sick so both him and Sister McCoy waited at our flat to sign for the package while Sister Hopgood and went to get a spare set of keys made. What an adventure!!!!!

My package arrived... Sister McCoy signed for! We had lunch hour when we got back to the flat so I could open my gifts! Then... we went back to a regular day!!!! Things have been a lot less crazy since then! Start the year off with a bang I guess!!! It was all so surreal!

President called to see how everyone was feeling on new years day as about 25 missionaries had called him to inform him they were ill... Just like Elder McCoy! Not cool!! All meetings were cancelled so MLC was postponed until tomorrow. It was crazy. It wasn't good that everyone was sick but it was good they MLC had been postponed as I would have had to attend without make up on!!!!!!!!!!!! No no no!!!! Haha!!

Zone training is on Friday so most of this week is already accounted for! That means that this week will fly by. Another week gone!! Time is such a scary thing!!! I'm scared!!

I am so excited for this new year!! I have been thinking a lot what this new year is for me and what it will hold! Each time I think about it my thoughts come back to Christ. This life is all about progression and without the enabling power of the Atonement we would be nothing. We are so blessed.

"Fear not‍ to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good‍ ye shall also reap good for your reward. Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built‍ upon my rock, they cannot prevail. Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin‍ no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you. Look‍ unto me in every thought; doubt‍ not, fear not. Behold‍ the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails‍ in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit‍ the kingdom‍ of heaven. Amen." Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-37

I hope that you all have a lovely new year and are able to look unto Christ.

Have a great week and remember who you are!

Love, Sister Smart

#sharegoodness

We had a treat yesterday... The only way I can get Sister Hopgood to eat fruit!

Num num num!!

Working hard in the area book... This is what happens when you companion has bad knees!!

Me with my package!! It arrived!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm sending a photo where I'm not wearing make-up!! My email will explain why!

No comments:

Post a Comment