Such A Lot To Say!!!

But So Little Time To Say It...

Well... This has been a busy, long week! I feel like I have a lot to tell you so hopefully I'll be able to get it all in!!

Last Monday was a good day... Sister Longin and I went shopping as I am sick of my clothes now. I didn't find anything but Sister Longin got two things!! Ah well... I guess I didn't really need new clothes anyway! In the evening we had a Cottage Evening at the Meachams home in Bexhill! It was a lovely evening all about Easter!

On Tuesday it was District Leader Council... My presentation day!!!! I was dreading it!! My preparation went quite well and I felt well prepared. I don't know about anyone else, but I felt that it went quite well. Elder Moore said that it was good but he had to say that! I learned a lot in my studies in preparation. I realised that finding is teaching. That sounds silly as it's something obvious and something I know but my understanding has changed and it has helped a lot! A little frustrated that my understanding is only coming now when I only have 4 weeks left but it's better late than never I guess.

We traveled to and from DLC with Elder Moore and Elder De Wilde. It was nice having the time to chat and to get to know one another. You get so used to being around Missionaries that you forget to actually get to know them sometimes. I have been so blessed to serve around some amazing people.

After DLC on Tuesday afternoon we did some service for a member... She was talking about her son and mentioned Northern Soul. I nearly cried thinking about Mum! I burst into song... I Can't Change by Lorraine Chandler!! Thankfully she laughed and didn't (atleast I don't think) think I was a nut job!!

Sister Longin was sick this week... :(Not good!) President thinks she has a touch of the flu! We took time to rest which was good as every now and then I thought she was going to fall over/pass out! We were super blessed for our diligence though as we saw many mighty miracles!

District Meeting was on Thursday this week as the Zone Leaders came. It was a good meeting but Sister Longin was still sick! She has a Priesthood Blessing after the meeting which really helped and by Friday she was right as rain! As she was sick on Wednesday it gave me time to make a Banoffee Pie for the meeting... It went down a treat! Always does... Heart attack in a pie!!

I have been struggling a little recently as Satan is on top form! I had a
Priesthood blessing of comfort and council from Elder De Wilde when Sister Longin had her blessing. It was one of the nicest blessing I have ever had. Heavenly Father so clearly knows me perfectly! Just what I needed!

On Thursday evening we had a dinner appointment with Peter and Ola. They are brother and sister from Nigeria. Ola is a very very good cook! We had Jollof rice with fried plantains and chicken. It was so good but I was so so so full afterwards! Amazing people!

I was so happy to receive my Easter package on Saturday as it had photographs of baby Isaac included! I can't express how excited I am to be an Auntie again!! I am so so so excited to hold that little bubba!!!

General Conference was amazing this weekend! In total I had met three of the people that participated! Claim to fame! :) All of them were amazing but there was the odd few that were just for me! If you haven't already I would suggest that you watch ALL of it!!!

After General Conference on Saturday we had our weekly Ward Coordination meeting at KFC. I think the Lloyd's just wanted to treat us. They have just found out that they need to move to Bristol by the end of the month as Sister Lloyd has just got a new job there. They are amazing people and it will be sad to see them go!

Today we were unable to go to the Temple so we had a district P-Day instead... I made Croques-Monsieurs (Google it) for lunch! And then we played games! I didn't want to waste the day so I must admit I was a little bossy! Haha! Everyone seemed to enjoy it though!!! :)

Next week is a busy week!! We are hoping to go to the Temple Visitors Centre with some of the people we are working with and we have Zone Training on Friday! A busy week full of amazing things!!

I just love Sister Longin... We laugh so much! President Millar told me when he told me who my companion would be that we were made for one another and he was right! She is just amazing!!

I love you all!!! I hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Smart

#sharegoodness

Jollof rice with fried plantains and chicken! African dinner appointments! I was so full it was unreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment