MLC - DLC - AP - DL & ZL Etc!!!

You Need Degree In Abreviations For This One


Hello Hello!!

So even though it's only been 5 days since I emailed you last I have so much to say so I hope I can get it all in!!

P'Day last week was so much fun! Some how we managed to do all of the things we needed to do as well as have lots of fun! We came to the library to email in the afternoon to find that the library closes at 1pm on Wednesdays! What a disaster! Fortunately the library in Bexhil was open so we got the train there and back without hiccup!!

On Thursday evening we had to travel to Orpington as we were staying the night with the Sisters there... We live too far from Staines to get to Mission Leadership Council on time Friday morning. Elder Idso (AP) called as we were traveling and my heart sank! They only really call if they are giving you an assignment! An assignment it was... Pray for a blessing over the lunch at MLC. Could have been a lot worse so I was relieved!

MLC really was amazing!! The Mission Training Plan this transfer is Finding, Teaching and Prayer. A LOT of my prayers were answered as finding is something we are struggling with at the minute. President told us that we could come back early from lunch to watch the new Bible Video about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Of course we did and it was a really spiritual moment. Elder Idso then informed us that we had some spare time before we were due to continue the meeting. He asked all of the departing Dissionaries to bear their testimonies. WHAT?!?!?! Sister Longin had asked me about departing Missionary testimonies just the other day and I explained that we didn't really do them in this Mission... Apparently we do now!! It was a really nice experience but awful at the same time! It became very real to me that I will be home so soon. I really did love listening to each of the testimonies though. After that we had a musical number by Elder Jackman and Elder Trowbridge... I Need Thee Every Hour. One of my favorite hynms!! Crying through 7 testimonies and a hymn has got to make you dehydrated!

Traveling home from MLC was an adventure! Our Zone Leaders (Elder Preece and Elder Morales) drove us to Orpington where Sister Longin stayed for the day then we got to train back to Hastings! Traffic was so bad that we ended up getting the train two hours later than we had planned! We had to cancel the appointment we had but that we okay as we rescheduled for the next day. Tender Mercy... There was a bus from the train station to our home 5 minutes after the train arrived to Hastings. Miracle... The bus driver was a less-active who we had never met before. As we were getting off the bus he asked us to pray for his Step-Mother as she is having surgery on Thursday. I know that we were meant to see him that evening so he could have peace of mind/heart knowing that the Missionaries were praying for his Step-Mother. Heavenly Father really does know each of us and he shows his love for us daily! "But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea,and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." - Alma 30:44.

When we got home a letter had arrived from the Mission Office. It was a letter from President Millar thanking me for my service! It was so weird! I was reminded so many times in one day that I was going home. 5 weeks yet... Don't wish me away!!!! :)

Yesterday we were preparing to account with Elder Moore (District Leader) like we do each Sunday when we received a call from Elder Preece (Zone Leader). At MLC we had a council about weather or not the Sister Training Leaders should attend DLC (Dictrict Leader Council) and it was decided that we would! It's a meeting where all of the DLs from the Zone get together with the ZLs and discuss what was discussed at MLC and then decide how they will present that to the Zone. Elder Preece asked me to do a 10 minute presentation on finding... FINDING?!?!?! I thought for a second that we was joking but he really wasn't. I am really struggling to find so and I know that that is why I have been given the assignment. Heavenly Father know's me so well!! He knows that I will learn from this. Some how President found out about my assignment and he called to encourage me and told me that I will do great! His advice... Just picture them all naked!! Or maybe with their underwear on!!! HAHAHAHA... I love that man so much!!

Next week is Easter!!!!! You have to watch this video... It's just been released. Because He Lives!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqTRSVA1YA

General Conference this coming weekend... I am so excited!!! Such a special time of year! General Conference and Easter!

Oh and next Monday is a BH so the library will be closed... Not sure when I will be able to email but I will at some point! BH's are really the only time we get to go to the temple so we are hoping to do that!!!! :)

I love you all!!!

I hope and pray that you will have a lovely week!

Love, Sister Smart

#sharegoodness

Sister Jacobson and I! I love these missionaries so much!!

I got a trunky letter the other day... From President Millar thanking me for my service! It's not over yet!!!!!

This is just a few of the missionaries I'm going home with from MLC.

And again!!! Losers!!! Sister Steffensen, Me, Elder Day, Elder Blair, Elder Idso, Elder Travers, Elder Johnson.

Sister Barnes and I! She is so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment